Saturday 13 July 2013

Farewell to Kings

Well the year has raced around. Its a strange sensation. We are happy with one year. Not exactly excited to go home but not disappointed to leave. Just moving on. One thing is for sure though I will miss many people back in the UK. Oh has my attitude changed. Our last 10 months have been a revelation and complete opposite to our last experience of the populated side of the world. 

I will definitely miss the students. Their cheerful outlook and constant chattering. I have never met a more confident and social bunch in my life. That's probably the problem as they get under your skin. They are just great to be around and it is not hard to start really liking them.
This is my tutor group. A little crazy but great people to be around. I have never met a more social group before.








A very cool class full of kids I coached in rugby. My shells class are full of personalities.









My 3rds an awesome class. The class with the most potential that I taught. Just genuinely really nice kids. 







One of my lower 6ths classes 6LG. Its extraordinary how clever a group of kids can be. 












I just wish I had photos of my other two classes, come on Rachael.
Robert I don't think I will every forget you, you left a permanent impression. Stay cool.

It was great to say all the goodbyes to the students. I have certainly enjoyed my teaching and will miss you all.

The staff at Kings are a special bunch and have made my experience in the UK. The chats, poker and football every Friday all demonstrate the inclusive nature of a great group of people. 


James you are the coolest guy I know. If only people realised how crazy your tutor group was.






Where do you get all those looks from Neil. Honestly we need to video them all so you can see. You raving lunatic of a Scotsman. We all loved you.




The real deal Barry Horne (and Clive). Apparently a good footballer? I just know him as a good bloke. Clive on the other hand is the ultimate mathematician and crazy guy.
You go Helen
My form class at the cathedral
Some of my more talented students Lydia and Rachael


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've had a great year Henry. Hope Sophia recovering and that you don't all get the flu. Was it you or Sue sick on the plane? Sounds like an awful experience. Hope you are all back on your feet soon and able to enjoy the rest of your sightseeing before coming home. Love to you all, Hannah, Doug & girls

    ReplyDelete