Saturday 22 December 2012

The All Blacks Lose

This is a little late but we have been having problems with google. I had reveled in the seemingly invincible nature of the All Blacks. I have used it as a source of inspiration for the boys I coach and as an interesting point of conversations with English and Welsh a like. 

The signs were ominous though as the last of the spring tests approached. They failed to annihilate a lackluster Welsh and then caught Noro virus mid week. I had a couple of bets on the side and sat down in a pub to watch what I had assumed would be another satisfying game. With 10 minutes to go I was ready to leave but Julia insisted on staying. I slunk out quietly but quickly afterwards.

Monday was not enjoyable. There were English flags all over the place and as if no one had informed me every class came in asking me the score. One class part shown in the photo kept breaking into "sweat chariots" or something. They also played their anthem on i phones. I didn't shave for a week in commiseration.

It would seem like I asked for this, but what would life be like if you can't get excited about rugby.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment